The latest model in Hyundai’s growing, fully-electric lineup has a starting Canadian M.S.R.P. of $44,999
MARKHAM, ONT. (November 4, 2021) – Today, Hyundai Canada announced full pricing information for its all-new, 2022 IONIQ 5 electric crossover utility vehicle. The IONIQ 5 is poised to elevate the EV ownership experience with a targeted driving range of up to 480 kilometres, design inspired by Hyundai’s ‘45’ EV concept, advanced technology and best-in-class, ultra-fast charging from 10 to 80 per cent in just 18 minutes.
First units of the IONIQ 5 will start arriving in Canadian showrooms in December. They will be distributed across Canada and prioritized to the thousands of Canadians who have submitted pre-orders.
2022 Hyundai IONIQ 5 Canadian Pricing:
|MODEL||ESTIMATED RANGE||M.S.R.P. ($CAD)|
|Preferred Long Range||480 kilometres||$51,999|
|Preferred AWD Long Range||415 kilometres||$54,999|
|Preferred AWD LR w/Ultimate Package||400 kilometres||$59,999|
Freight and PDI: $1,825
“The IONIQ 5 offers the hallmark traits found in the popular crossover segment: utility, space, cutting-edge design, advanced safety technology and available all-wheel drive. With IONIQ 5’s arrival, Canadians have all that in addition to the added benefit of a vehicle designed to be fully-electric, and from the ground-up,” says Don Romano, president and CEO of Hyundai Auto Canada. “We’ve seen an unparalleled level of excitement surrounding IONIQ 5 from customers and dealers, and we’re thrilled to bring to market an EV presenting tremendous overall value, and also a variety of battery and drivetrain options.”
IONIQ 5 fast facts:
- IONIQ 5 rides on Hyundai Motor Group’s Electric-Global Modular Platform (E-GMP) that allows for more interior space and optimized performance.
- IONIQ 5 is part of Hyundai Motor Group’s plan to introduce 23 BEV models and sell 1-million BEV units worldwide by 2025.
- Ultra-fast, 800-volt multi-charging available (10 to 80 per cent in 18 minutes).
- Vehicle-to-Load (V2L) function can power small appliances, devices and even charge other EVs.
- Driving range target of up to 480 kilometres.
- New E-GMP platform improves performance, enhances driving dynamics and optimizes interior volume (spaciousness of a large car in a compact CUV).
- Eco-friendly materials and nature-inspired colours at many touchpoints.
- IONIQ 5 is the first model in Hyundai’s new family of IONIQ electric vehicles.
- Extended 3,000 mm wheelbase – IONIQ 5 has the longest wheelbase in Hyundai’s North American product lineup.
- Cutting-edge Parametric Pixel LED lighting elements.
- Eye-catching V-shaped front bumper incorporates distinctive daytime running lamps (DRLs).
- Flush door handles provide clean surface styling and enhanced aerodynamics.
- Front and rear forms merge together at the doors, another example of Hyundai’s ‘Parametric Dynamics’ design.
- IONIQ 5 in Canada is available with two battery pack options (58 kWh or 77.4 kWh) and a range of drive combinations to fit the needs of every customer.
- Customers can mate the 77.4 kWh battery pack to two electric motor layouts, either with a rear motor only or with both front and rear motors.
- The top-of-the-line dual motor setup is an all-wheel drive (AWD) option producing a combined power output of 320 horsepower and 446 lb-ft. of torque. An IONIQ 5 with this configuration can go from 0 to 100 kilometres in only 5.1 seconds.
- The single-motor layout with a rear motor and long range, offering 225 horsepower, 258 lb-ft. of torque and two-wheel drive (2WD).
- IONIQ 5 is the first Hyundai model to offer Highway Driving Assist 2 (HDA 2) which makes highway driving more convenient.
- HDA 2 helps maintain a set distance and speed from the vehicle ahead when driving on a highway.For the first time in a Hyundai, IONIQ 5 features a Head-Up Display (HUD) with Augmented Reality (AR) mode, essentially turning the windshield into a display screen.